Permits are issued by New Zealand Petroleum and Minerals, and do expire if not activated. Prospecting permits, required for seismic surveys, are valid for up to four years. Exploration permits, required for example for exploratory drilling or seismic surveys – essentially the further work required to identify the presence of commercially recoverable oil and gas – are valid for up to 15 years. If not activated, or if no longer wanted, permits are returned to the government.
NZOG is a proud supporter of science in our community, including two feature sponsorships:
- Sponsor of ‘Dinosaur Footprints’ national touring exhibition touring the country, currently at Nelson Provincial Museum.
- Sponsor of PhD research in to the habitats of the Great White Shark population around New Zealand. We have also supported primary teachers from our community areas to attend the Sir Paul Callaghan Science Academy science course.
What are New Zealand Oil and Gas ’s vision and values? New Zealand Oil & Gas aims to create and sustain an enduring New Zealand oil and gas company at the heart of a successful oil and gas sector.
Our Vision built around this purpose is to become THE New Zealand Oil and Gas Company, by
• creating value through investment and management of our assets; and
• being the partner of choice for communities and industry; and
• operating at industry best practice to ensure business performance, safety and environmental expectations are met.
Our values are Integrity and Trust, Communication, People and Passion, and Commercial Focus.
You can find out more about our values on nzog.com